[Alberg30] Bolts on chainplates?

Christos katehis kriskate at worldnet.att.net
Mon Apr 8 07:21:17 PDT 2002

My Bow casing had somehow lifted itself by 1 inch and it took up the deck
with it. How it happened I have no Idea. Upon the removal of the whole
casing, I found all the bolts that connect the chain plate to the casing and
the 2 thru bolts were all bent!

I also noticed that on the inside there is plenty of glass but no washers!
The nuts were actualy going thru the fiberglass!

My Remedie:

Increased all bolts to 5/16
Build the inside up with furring compound
Used fender washers and reg washers .

Also would like to take the opportunity to thank everyone on the list and
off the list (Brian Timmins) for sharing their knowledge.

If anyone has any questions, feel free.

PS Restoration Pics will be online soon..

All the best................

Christos Katehis
Kasia #383

 | ** Skymate Windmeter $18.00 off! Product code JDCSM-18 ** |