[Alberg30] removing chainplates?

FITZONELOVE at aol.com FITZONELOVE at aol.com
Wed Apr 10 15:02:19 PDT 2002

I used a 5/16 Bosch Titanium bit ($5.99 at Home Depot) at high speed and it
worked
very well.  Again, it was just enlarging the holes.  I believe my deck is
cored with Masonite, but it looked like the bit was pulling out balsa from
the knees; did Whitby use a mix of materials, or was it possibly mahogany?
It was dry, thankfully.  I got 2 inch 5/16 SS bolts at West for .99 cents.
Joe Fitzpatrick  #286  One Love
 | ** Skymate Windmeter $18.00 off! Product code JDCSM-18 ** |