[Alberg30] Hull 432

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 17 07:32:38 PDT 2002

They must have change this process since I did it in 1977. I needed copies
of birth certificates from everyone that ever owned the boat, a US coast
Guard official had to visit and make and official measurement of the vessel,
  copies of duty paid receipts, the original builder certificates and had to
complete and have notarized these poster-sized forms in quadruplicate and
sign such things as granting permission to the US governemnt the right to
seize my vessel during wartime in needed. IF NEEDED....if we get to the
level where we need Alberg 30s to fight a war, I'm moving! The process I
went through was essentially the same process as if I would have purchased a
1000' freighter. I am glad to see thing have changed.