[Alberg30] More Stuffiing Box Hose Replacement Questions

greg greg at vandenbergphoto.com
Tue Apr 23 16:19:18 PDT 2002

Tom... I think from what I've read of this post that you have just the same
thing as the other hulls. I would NOT go poking around with a screw driver.
That hose sounds just fine to me as you described. If the guy buys the boat let
him put that 2nd hose clamp on next to the stuffing box. There are gobs of
sealant on my boat also... just the way it's suppose -a-be.

Kindest Regards- Greg

"Forhan, Thomas" wrote:

> Thanks for the details Mike. On this one, clearly the aft end of the hose is
> covered with caulk -its pretty flexible, and I can not see hose clamps, or
> find any easily probling with a small screwdriver- but they could be there.
>
> We could continue to dig around and try to find those hose clamps, but with
> sealant holding in the tube itself that sounds dangerous.
> The buyer is very uncomfortable about the condition of the hose, and it
> sounds to me- I'm positing theory here and I would appreciate more thoughts-
> that we chould go ahead, pull the shaft (ugh) and then cut the hose out,
> working carefully aft toward the area of the stern tube as we remove
> sealant.
>
> Whadda ya think?
>
> Tom

 | ** Skymate Windmeter $18.00 off! Product code JDCSM-18 ** |