[Alberg30] Relocate batteries

greg greg at vandenbergphoto.com
Thu Apr 25 06:08:17 PDT 2002

Chris... I think the starboard locker is generally the location of the fuel
tank. Our 10/11 gal tank sites in a box under the bridge deck. Our
batteries are located in the aft 2 compartments under the floor.  The port
locker is closer to the battery selector switch and may have been a reason
for choosing that  location.

Kindest Regards- Greg

chrishardy wrote:

> My boat had the batteries located in the port cockpit locker. As I am
> finishing my rewiring I have moved them about 24" lower into the bilge I
> believe where they were originally. I think moving this 100#'s or so
> down there should help with her sail carrying ability? Has anyone had
> any trouble with the batteries in the bilge? I plan to get agm's this
> summer at some point so leakage should not be an issue.  Also he fuel
> tank is in the stbd locker was it on the centerline under the cockpit
> originally? I also would like a description of the masthead arraignment
> for jib and spinn halyards as mine are cobbed up there with chewing gum
> and wire ties (high tech bailing wire)

 | ** Skymate Windmeter $18.00 off! Product code JDCSM-18 ** |