[Alberg30] Relocate batteries

Robert Kirk isobar at cablespeed.com
Thu Apr 25 10:07:51 PDT 2002

Mike Lehman commented:

>I think it is generally safe to say that all A30s had the batteries under
>the floor originally. The olny problem with that is if the boat fills with
>water over the batteries it can ruin the batteries and the battery cables.
>But if you have water over the batteries, you have other problems.

As Mike may remember, Isobar flooded to the cabin sole while overnight at
his house one Fall Rendezvous a few years ago. Both batteries were in the
standard spot under the floor, and were completely covered. (Thanks for
helping bail out.) Strangely, neither battery was ruined. The only casualty
was a fried terminal lug on the hot cable. The other battery started the
engine and I sailed home with crossed fingers and a leaky stuffing tube.

Bob Kirk
Isobar #181

 | ** Skymate Windmeter $18.00 off! Product code JDCSM-18 ** |