[Alberg30] Info about Cockpit Sole Hatches

FINNUS505 at aol.com FINNUS505 at aol.com
Tue Apr 30 12:01:02 PDT 2002

In a message dated 4/29/02 2:37:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
greg at vandenbergphoto.com writes:

<< and manufacturs reps. that advise against... why not
 just do it right? Spend another $100. Forget the cost of a grating. We are
all
 so concerned about one hose clamp or two. Thru hull fitting that may fail at
 their task. And yet there are those that in the same breath want to put an
 unsafe device in the bottom of their cockpit and head out with their family
and
 friends.  Go figure..... >>
Hey Greg,

Man you are right. When saftey is at stake, what is a hundred bucks? How many
people have to hear about the boat that sank at a mooring on a calm day, when
the old, single, pipe clamp on the rotted hose gave out from the three degree
rise in temperature on board as the sun rose in the sky.

So is it rediculous for me to say the three hundred plus buck aluminum
cockpit access hatch is too much, and I went with the 70 buck plastic
one, and the cockpit grate? I was gonna make the grate anyway,

It's all where we decide to draw the lines. Either extreme is not good,
obviously.

Lee
 | ** Skymate Windmeter $18.00 off! Product code JDCSM-18 ** |