[Alberg30] RE: Reconstructing/Rebuilding Interior of Alberg30

Dave Terrell DTERRELL.GWSTAFF.GWNMC at message.nmc.edu
Mon Apr 29 13:43:39 PDT 2002

I can say ,from the perspective on someone who is just finishing refurbishing a boat that was somewhat tired but sound, that this was a lot of work and not cheap. I replaced the old electricty, upgraded the galley, installed ac., am installing anew traveller, added roller furling, am installing a new head and holding tank , revived all  wood inside the boat, will revive the teak outside and ultimately will repaint the deck. When I am finished it may look better than new in many ways. I also replaced all the running rigging which was quite old. I did this because I knew what I had and judged that it would be worth the investment to have this boat.

I think you have a lot bigger job. It sounds like they took an beautiful duckling and made it ugly at the least. Whether they damaged the boat structurally by cutting away the bulkheads is a question I would have. I would leave question to those on this list more qualified to answer, but I sure would have questions about going ahead.

At the minimum, my experience suggests that you have a lot of work and a lot of money spent ahead of you. The people on this list have a lot of expertise and experience. I would listen carefully to what they say. I have recieved good advice and appreciate it very much.

>>> Emhill2 at aol.com 04/29/02 04:25PM >>>

We are considering the purchase of an Alberg30 whose cabin has been seriously
altered and in state of chaos.  It has a relatively new diesel engine.  The
affected areas are especially, the galley, the side berth has been removed
and the head was relocated to the V-berth area.   In addition, bulkheads have
been partially cut away and removed -- a "hack" job.  Should we just forget
it and look further?    We need advice, plans, specs or drawings to assist.
Can anyone direct us or advise us?

Edwin
 | ** Skymate Windmeter $18.00 off! Product code JDCSM-18 ** |

 | ** Skymate Windmeter $18.00 off! Product code JDCSM-18 ** |