[Alberg30] PNW Alberg sighting?

Randy Katz randyk at bertschi.org
Sun Aug 18 11:03:01 PDT 2002

Greetings, All,
    I was wondering if it was the boat of a list-reader that I passed last
Aug. 8 near Pirate's Cove in the Gulf Islands of Canada, British Columbia.
You were undersail headed W, I was motoring out headed E.
    I've spent 4-5 weeks cruising the W. side of Vancouver Island, Anacortes
to Port Hardy and spotted a precious few Albergs during that time, though I
heard of others I'd just missed.
    We had a great trip up north with windy, wavy adventures at Cabbage Is.
Boy, getting in and out of that spot certainly required a large dose of luck
re: missing the reefs lining the entrance.
    Great fun, though, and Canada is a fabulous place to be.

    Now looking for sublease at Shilshole for a month or two for fall
sailing closer to home than Anacortes.  By the by, the rate for our boats at
this popular Seattle marina is $265/mon.  It's on Puget Sound (salt) with
ready access to the San Juan Islands (US) and the Gulf Islands (Canada.)

    Cheers,
Randy

--
Randy Katz
910 - 32nd Ave

 | Sale on Yale & New England Ropes.  Save up to 25 percent. |