[Alberg30] Mast steps and goosenecks

EddieDiver at aol.com EddieDiver at aol.com
Wed Aug 21 09:53:37 PDT 2002

Thanks to this Forum, I checked the gooseneck on #303 Emotional Rescue. There
was no galvanic corrosion on the S.S. screws but these stainless steel
sheetmetal scvrews were so loose that I backed them out by my fingers. One
was missing. I replaced them all and added red Lok-Tite to keep them in.

I also discovered that 3 of the 4 stainless steel round-headed bolts holding
the mast step to the deck plate are frozen in their threads. Page A-3 in the
manual doesn't suggest how to get them out.  I will try heat and WD40 (not
necessarily in that order). Any other thoughts? Thanks. Ed. Schroeder
 | Sale on Yale & New England Ropes.  Save up to 25 percent. |