[Alberg30] spark plugs

Kevin Blanc t.k.blanc at att.net
Mon Aug 12 16:06:03 PDT 2002

I don't change my plugs but once every two years. I have the Indigo
electronic ignition (a lot of folks don't like electronic ignitions).

In any event, if you've adjusted the carb so it isn't running too rich,
and it isn't burning oil, you might want to try a new coil.

Dave Terrell wrote:

>I have been chaning the spark plugs on the A4 when the engine seems to want to "miss"m a bit or when the engine seems to loose power slightly. This always solves the problem. I have gone through 3 sets this summer so far. I am using the J12 plugs as was suggested on the list serve.
>
>Is this usage normal? The engine runs very smoothly when the plugs are new. The old ones are badly carboned. When I got the boat It came with severa sets of what I took to be old and cleaned spark plugs.
>
>If it is not normal - and I guess it is not - what could be the cause or causes and what might some remedies be?
>
>Thanks. Being gone a month makes catching up on the list traffic a big job. As always, the info is interesting and very helpful.

 | Sale on Yale & New England Ropes.  Save up to 25 percent. |