[Alberg30] Spreaders

Mary & Bill Mahony mabwjm at starpower.net
Tue Aug 13 14:42:25 PDT 2002

Hi,
We have #276.  When we received the boat here on the Chesapeake, the yard discovered some rot on the tops near the mounts.  The previous owners had had them checked about 2 years ago, and at the time they were ok.  We went ahead and ordered aluminum replacements from Bill Mattox in Annapolis, based on a recommendation from Tom Maroldy--should be done this week.

If you're in doubt and have the money handy, I'd go ahead and replace them.  Whether you go with wood or not is really just a personal decision, I think the prices would be comparable--at least that's what the marina told us.  30+ years is pretty respectable...

Good luck,  Bill & Mary Ann.

PS--where are you a student?