[Alberg30] PSS Shaft Seal Packless Sealing System...

sousa, stephen (ENG) sousa_stephen at emc.com
Thu Aug 22 16:37:28 PDT 2002

Felix,

I installed this system and it has run flawless since installation. I have
other sailing friends that have logged 10 years with the same experience.
Placing the o-rings on the shaft once installed in the stainless ring is
extremely critical. I used vegetable oil on the shaft and made sure that the
burrs around the key way were filed down. On some of the A30's the stern
tube is buried in sealant, this needs to be trimmed so the bellows can clamp
to the stern tube.

Any other questions please inquire.

Stephen
Carina Vela