[Alberg30] Live Aboard

Bob Morsut rkmorsut at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 1 06:41:41 PST 2002

I'm a sailor of modest means now living in Illinois, but originally from the Long Island Sound area of New York and Connecticut. There I owned a '78 Pearson 28 for many years and admired her for her staunch speed and stability in all kinds of weather, including nasty line squalls and nor'easters.

Now as an early retiree I am thinking about living aboard a sailboat, on the East Coast of the US. Perhaps from Maryland south to the Keys and am considering the Alberg 30 for this purpose. My question is: in addition to racing and cruising, has or is the Alberg 30 serving as a liveaboard home to anyone on this list? If so, I'd like to know more about your experience and based upon it whether you recommend this revered sloop as a home, alone.

Bob Morsut, Lindenhurst, Illinois.