[Alberg30] Stuffing Box Hose

Voyager Toronto voyagertoronto at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 2 20:37:51 PST 2002

I'm having trouble finding replacement stuffing box hose of the correct
size, i.e. 1-3/8" internal diameter. After trying marine stores, truck and
auto shops and pool installers, it appears just about ALL hose comes in
standard 1/4" increments. I've seen "exhaust hose" suggested as a substitute
in the archives but was disappointed in the piece I examined in one marine
shop, as it isn't straight, and appeared too limp. The shop advised against
using it saying it would not stand up to wear and could endanger the boat if
it fails, and having seen and handled it, I agree. (But are different kinds
of exhaust hose ..?)

Can someone who's been through this problem recommend something?

Calvin
Voyager #30

 | http://www.alberg30.org/store/Calendars.html |
 | Have you got your 2003 calendars yet???????? |