[Alberg30] Stuffing Box Hose

Bob Bounds jrbounds at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 5 05:37:22 PST 2002

Lewis Marine Supply of Stuart, Florida, (phone 772-286-2118) lists in their
2002 catalog, 1 1/2 inch ID Packing Box hose part Number HO150 for $8.95.
The hose is actually 5 ply marine exhaust hose.  When I replaced my hose I
purchased a short length of 1 3/8 inch ID hose from a NAPA  parts store and
filed the outside until I could insert it into one end of the stuffing box
hose.  Wrapping the stern tube with fibreglass seems like a much better
idea.

If you try to contact Lewis and have any problems let me know, I will be
glad to pick one up and ship it to you.

Bob Bounds
Echo Gulf #132