[Alberg30] Moisture Meter Technique

John Birch Sunstone at cogeco.ca
Tue Feb 5 22:39:23 PST 2002

My suggestion is wait until it is thawed - then when doing the moisture test
do it in your bare feet because you can tell a lot about a deck by how it
feels in bare feet - is it starting to give under foot/flexing. If the deck
is frozen and has lots of water it will feel solid when in fact it is toast.

If the underdeck is linerless you can determine the level of moisture from
underneath and in fact I do top and underdeck checks whenever possible - I
think the redundancy is useful.

Cheers,

John