[Alberg30] Moisture Meter Technique

greg greg at vandenbergphoto.com
Wed Feb 6 09:33:28 PST 2002

2nd Question-  I thought I might warm this boat up in the cabin area and check
it form the underside and do some acoustic work with a mallet on the deck. This
boat has been out of the water for 3 yrs due to low water at owners location
and forcing sale due to owners age and water level trend in the great lakes. If
it had water in the core what are the chances it is still there after 3 yrs
under shed cover. Is there any knowledge as to what Columbia was putting into
the core of 1965 boats?

John Birch wrote:

> My suggestion is wait until it is thawed - then when doing the moisture test
> do it in your bare feet because you can tell a lot about a deck by how it
> feels in bare feet -

 |  Foul weather?  Deep discounts on Henri Lloyd and 2001 Gill gear. |
 | *** http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066 *** |