[Alberg30] Alberg 30 trailer

cbcurrier at mail.spinrx.com cbcurrier at mail.spinrx.com
Sun Feb 10 17:44:52 PST 2002

Is that publicly accessible?

I thought that was still part of the Academy & the way things are lately, I
would suspect I can't get in there. There also is the fact that if this is
an active naval base then how is deep ramp access practical to the normal
public access sailor? Therefore at least as far as a few of my queries last
winter to this list gathered there is no known public accessible or even
reasonable pay deep ramp access in the immediate annapolis area.

And again I suggest that Michael do some research about this. As in at
least the past 10 years I have had of actively sailing out of annapolis, I
had not found ANY deep water ramps.

>>Regarding the Float Off aspect of the trailer, do a little research and
>> make sure
>>you have places with deep enough ramps to get the boat to a position of
>> floating
>>off.  Also consider a trailer extension as the Trailer will have to go
>>quite deep
>>into the water & you may not want to take yor truck that far.
>>Around Annapolis there are not may ramps that I have found that are
>>deep  enough.
>>Most big trailered boats are hoisted.
>

> Interestingly, I keep my boat at the Annapolis Naval Station which used
> to  be an old seaplane base.
>
> Isobar regularly launches & recovers via the marina's large trailer
> with  extension. It helps having a giant seaplane ramp available.
>

> Bob Kirk
> Isobar #181

 |  Foul weather?  Deep discounts on Henri Lloyd and 2001 Gill gear. |
 | *** http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066 *** |