[Alberg30] cold white north

Marianne King-Wilson addvalue at zeuter.com
Tue Feb 12 09:23:28 PST 2002

Hi, Dick!
I do envy your year-round sailing, but we dress for winter, enjoy a thousand
miles of groomed snow trails for cross-country skiing or snowmobiling, and
fragrant woodburning fireplaces when we come home.  We'd love to get ice sailing
started here, to enjoy the miles and miles of hard water.
This year, freeze-up has been very late--just happened.  The ice goes out by
mid-April at the very latest; sometimes we can launch in late March.  Some of
our club members are still in the water to early December, but most are out by
the end of October.
Marianne
Windward #369
http://www.sailparrysound.on.ca

Dick Filinich wrote:

> -38 and everyone in La.would be dead,frozen solid. When do you get your boat
> in the water for the season?                         Dick
> South Louisiana
>
> 54 today and too cold
>
> Marianne King-Wilson wrote:
>   -38 today, and that reads almost the same in Fahrenheit for American
> sailors!

 |  Foul weather?  Deep discounts on Henri Lloyd and 2001 Gill gear. |
 | *** http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066 *** |