[Alberg30] Tiller Pilot

Hansen, Richard LTC OF-TF Richard.Hansen at hqda.army.mil
Tue Feb 12 09:22:59 PST 2002

John,
Simplest?  Cheapest?  I use a piece of 3/8 inch rope.  Secure rope at
starbord cleats on outer gunwhale.  Wrap it 3 times around, over the top of
tiller. Secure to Port cleat.
Helps to dampen rope at tiller for bite.  Small adjustments to course can be
made by nudging tiller.  Large corrections require you to slip rope off
tiller, set heading, re-loop rope around tiller.