[Alberg30] A30 mast support beam

Henry Sharpe henry_sharpe at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 23 15:01:04 PST 2002

The one thing that I have not seen mentioned in the mast beam discussions is reglassing the beam/bulkhead to the cabin top.  I believe that it should be done. Secondly, I am glad to see mention of knees or a full column (pilaster in archietectural terms) attached to the bulkhead and the existing narrow vertical support to supporting the beam and (most importantly) to minimize the effect of torque.
Henry Sharpe #111 Gaviidae
  Mike Lehman <sail_505 at hotmail.com