[Alberg30] Re: [Member-list] A-30 Cruise to New York andf Long Island Sound

Scott Wallace tristan at one.net
Wed Feb 27 15:24:47 PST 2002

I once owned a Star, ISYRA, TULLA, Number 3044, built by Brooklyn boat builder,
Juls Hansen...he was a Norwegian immigrant who built great boats in the 1920's
and put big liberty engines in fast launches for prohibition rum running...He
sailed my old TULLA out of the Sheepshead Bay Star club...I drove past there a
few years ago...it is a beautiful place

Scott Wallace

Christos Katehis wrote:

> A stop in Sheepshead bay is a must especially if you want to wait out the
> tide before heading up the East River. Sheepshead bay has a very well
> protected anchorage and  is walking distance from subway. I moor my boat
> there there. If you addtl info let me know.
>
> Chris katehis
> Kasia #383

 |  Foul weather?  Deep discounts on Henri Lloyd and 2001 Gill gear. |
 | *** http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066 *** |