[Alberg30] A30 mast support beam

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at min.net
Thu Feb 21 10:56:55 PST 2002

Bill,

I haven't done this job, but since you asked me, I'll provide some
opinions.  I hope someone else will provide some experience.

I would guess that you can jack up the beam with the mast in place,
but you'll have to loosen the rigging.

You're basically forming a new beam with aluminum reinforcements.
I haven't heard of problems with it sagging.

 - George

  George Dinwiddie                             gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
  sailing.                                    http://www.Alberg30.org/

 |  Foul weather?  Deep discounts on Henri Lloyd and 2001 Gill gear. |
 | *** http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066 *** |