[Alberg30] Drifter advice

Brian and Elaine Timmins timmins at optonline.net
Tue Jan 8 14:33:07 PST 2002

If you already have a reaching spinnaker, I think your answer is obvious.
Buy what YOU want not what the sailmaker wants to build!
North (I think) makes a "Code 0" asymmetrical reaching spinnaker that works
with a furling drum and is a modern day replacement for a drifter/reacher.
But you already have a reaching spinnaker.
A proper drifter can go further into the wind than any reaching sail, so
it's not the same as a reaching spinnaker.
Different technology, different application, different operation.
Make your choice based on your desire and intended usage.
Regards, Brian #497