[Alberg30] RE:movable staysail stay

sousa, stephen sousa_stephen at emc.com
Wed Jan 9 09:32:20 PST 2002

Gord,

I would suggest that you place a sleeve in the mast which the 5/16 bolt ties
into, this will stop any compression of the mast when tightening the bolt.
This material will compress all though you think that the thickness of the
material will handle the 5/16 bolt with washers, it will not.

I just installed a bail on the boom for a vang which was sleeved and chafe
plates installed prior to assembly.

Stephen