[Alberg30] RE:movable staysail stay

Miabarchet at aol.com Miabarchet at aol.com
Wed Jan 9 16:02:22 PST 2002

Gord,
I have tossed around the idea of adding a removable staysail for a couple of
years, but I couldn't come up with a strong enough deck attachment. I had
thought of attaching a chainplate of sorts to the bulkhead at the forward end
of the v-berth but I wasn't confident with that.

I like your idea of the 3 padeyes, I would think that such a system would not
pull through the deck and it would be simple to fabricate. I agree with the
need put a sleeve through the mast to prevent compression. I am wondering if
you thinks its
worthwhile to weld on a couple of 1/4'' thick curved Alum. plates to either
side of the mast for added strength?

Also have you decided how far aft of the forestay to locate the padeye on the
deck?

I appreciate you sharing your ideas with the rest of us.

Jim Allocco
Barchetta Mia #565