[Alberg30] Re: [Alberg30]movable staysail stay

greg greg at vandenbergphoto.com
Thu Jan 10 06:18:53 PST 2002

After bringing the subject up with Just Rigging at the 2000 Strictly Sail Show.
The rep.  said that it was only necessary to transfer the load to the chain
locker bulkhead which in his oppion was the location for the deck attachment,and
that it was not necessary  to transfer to the hull via a pendent or other means.
I suppose a person could do it this way and see what happened. If the tension
flexed the deck or bulkhead you could continue and attach to the hull. I thought
that he had a relative easy method and it might be necessary to beef up the
foredeck to bulkhead attachment on our boat to satisfy my self. On our boat this
is the area of attachment for all the other heavy load equipment, bow cleats and
windlass.
Regards Greg

 |  Foul weather?  Deep discounts on Henri Lloyd and 2001 Gill gear. |
 | *** http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066 *** |