[Alberg30] tunning, shroud tension

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at min.net
Thu Jan 10 07:32:38 PST 2002

What is this guideline based on?  It seems like other parts of
the boat should also be considered.  For example, if you just
upgraded the rigging to heavier wire, would you want to increase
the tension?  Does stronger wire mean the rigging should be
tighter than than if weaker wire is used?

It seems to me that this guideline makes a lot of assumptions
about the boat's design and construction.  The Alberg 30 has
relatively heavy rigging compared to other boats its size.

 - George

  George Dinwiddie                             gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
  sailing.                                    http://www.Alberg30.org/

 |  Foul weather?  Deep discounts on Henri Lloyd and 2001 Gill gear. |
 | *** http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066 *** |