[Alberg30] Fuel filters?

sousa, stephen sousa_stephen at emc.com
Thu Jan 10 18:03:42 PST 2002

Randy,

I have been running diesel engines for 20 years and the fuel and oil filter
is key to a long and happy diesel life. I would recommend a Racor and also
use their filters. On the Yanmar   I have a Racor water separator/fuel
filter in line before the Yanmar filter. If water enters the injection pump
or injectors it causes some expensive problems. I also have this set-up on
my Mercedes diesel and my Cummins diesel came stock with this type of filter
set-up. Fram is not noted as a good filter in the field. Hastings
manufactures a great filter also.

Regards,
Stephen