[Alberg30] tunning, shroud tension

Bob Chambers BlueDolphin at rivnet.net
Mon Jan 14 07:33:17 PST 2002

Gord

Yes, stainless wire will stretch a little, so I was told by a rigging company.  Not much, probably not 1.5 inches, but some.  It may not actually be stretch, but a more 'firmer' seating of the wires together under load.  If you have STA LOK or Norsemen fittings, there is also some small amount of setting that occurs there under load.  My new backstays seemed to get about 1/4 inch longer over the first couple months after they were installed, then they stabilized.

Bob Chambers