[Alberg30] Anchors

Daniel Sternglass dans at stmktg.com
Tue Jan 22 10:56:23 PST 2002

Taylor Echlin wrote:

> Could I get comments from people please:

> I am considering purchase of a 22 pound Delta anchor which will be my
> secondary/backup anchor.  My bow roller is designed for both the Bruce and
> Delta 22 pound anchors.   Does anybody have experience with a Delta????
> What anchors do you guys use???

Taylor,

The type of anchor is highly dependent on the bottom condisiotns, e.g.
rock, coral, sand mud. Practical sailor has done extensive testing of
anchors in the past few years. In particular, they note how well the
tested anchors work on various bottoms, as well as the test conditions
(e.g. amount of chain, scope, pull forces, resetting direction tests
etc.). I highly recommend these articles.

http://www.practical-sailor.com/backissues/

The above index page includes a category "anchors and anchoring."

--Dan Sternglass
dans at stmktg.com
"Watcher of the Skies", #201, 1966, Cayuga Lake, Ithaca, NY

> Taylor
> --
> Taylor Echlin
> le papillon - KC 612
 |  Foul weather?  Deep discounts on Henri Lloyd and 2001 Gill gear. |
 | *** http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066 *** |