[Alberg30] Anchor Windlass - Delta Anchor - Swim Ladder

RWLIDDICK at aol.com RWLIDDICK at aol.com
Tue Jan 22 11:21:18 PST 2002

In a message dated 1/22/02 10:36:33 AM Eastern Standard Time,
taylor at echlinvests.com writes:

> Could I get comments from people please:

We use a 44 lb Bruce with all chain on our Cabo Rico 38.  Once it is set,
it's not moving.  We have had wonderful results and nights of uninterrupted
sleep.  This combination has been used in the Bay, on the Waterway, in the
Keys, and in the Bahamas.
Any comments from the group on how it would work in New England?

An Alberg 30 would not need such a large Bruce -- a 22 or 33 lb should be
fine.  We also have a manual windlass (Simpson Lawrence Sea Tiger), and
although an electrical one would be nice, I also agree that it is just one
more thing to have trouble with.  For our Alberg 30 we used a Fortress and
had no trouble with that.
Roberta Liddick