[Alberg30] Re:Public-list digest, Vol 1 #464 - 8 msgs

Brian and Elaine Timmins timmins at optonline.net
Thu Jan 24 15:51:15 PST 2002

Hugh,
  I found mine from a classified ad in Sails for Sale in the back of
Soundings Magazine. The previous owner bought it thinking he was going to
move his boat from a lake in New Jersey to the coast and then do a coastal
cruise to Florida. His plans fell through for some reason, so he put it up
for sale.
  The best place to buy one is probably from ATN at one of the sail shows.
He routinely does both Annapolis and Atlantic City and probably does all the
major sailboat shows. Check out this link..............
http://www.sailnet.com/store/item.cfm?pid=22276
in Sailnet. There are only three premade sizes of Gale Sail. The small one
is correct for the A30, at 60 sq. ft. (I think). Sailnet's standard price is
$610.00 but they almost always have some sort of sale going on.
http://www.atninc.com/gale.html is a link direct to ATN's page on the Gale
Sail. He also sells direct for $610.00 but does offer discounts at the
shows.
    Conceptually, it's great. I've had mine up just to make sure it
fits/works/is ready. I added a wire rope pennant at the tack to pick it up
off the deck and adjusted it's height so it sets correctly when sheeted to
my inboard working jib tracks. I hoist it with a spinnaker halyard. I
haven't had the need to actually use it yet, but it's ready to go when
needed.
Regards,
Brian        #497