[Alberg30] Re:Public-list digest, Vol 1 #464 - 8 msgs

Alan P. Kefauver apk2 at home.com
Thu Jan 24 17:35:32 PST 2002

A30 has 189 sqft fore triangle. A 135 has about a 255 sqft area and a 150 genoa is 280sqft. Mast height from deck is 34'3"?
Don't you think the 100 sqft Gale Sail would be OK with a double reefed main up to about 35 knots of wind? The smaller 60 sqft seems very small.

Andante #152 (who likes to smack Catalina 30's around)

On 1/24/2002 at 6:51 PM Brian and Elaine Timmins wrote:

>Hugh,
>  I found mine from a classified ad in Sails for Sale in the back of
>Soundings Magazine. The previous owner bought it thinking he was going to
>move his boat from a lake in New Jersey to the coast and then do a coastal
>cruise to Florida. His plans fell through for some reason, so he put it up
>for sale.
>  The best place to buy one is probably from ATN at one of the sail shows.
>He routinely does both Annapolis and Atlantic City and probably does all
>the
>major sailboat shows. Check out this link..............
>http://www.sailnet.com/store/item.cfm?pid=22276
>in Sailnet. There are only three premade sizes of Gale Sail. The small one
>is correct for the A30, at 60 sq. ft. (I think). Sailnet's standard price
>is
>$610.00 but they almost always have some sort of sale going on.
>http://www.atninc.com/gale.html is a link direct to ATN's page on the Gale
>Sail. He also sells direct for $610.00 but does offer discounts at the
>shows.
>    Conceptually, it's great. I've had mine up just to make sure it
>fits/works/is ready. I added a wire rope pennant at the tack to pick it up
>off the deck and adjusted it's height so it sets correctly when sheeted to
>my inboard working jib tracks. I hoist it with a spinnaker halyard. I
>haven't had the need to actually use it yet, but it's ready to go when
>needed.
>Regards,
>Brian        #497

 |  Foul weather?  Deep discounts on Henri Lloyd and 2001 Gill gear. |
 | *** http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/sailnet/t.asp?id=1066 *** |