[Alberg30] Boom Height

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 30 11:22:27 PST 2002

I don't think there is a "normal" height for the dodger. I, like George, had
ours built so I can just look over it while standing. I also believe that a
dodger should be very well constructed and have handy grab bars on the sides
and trailing edge. The dodger impeeds your access to the foredeck and it is
nice to have something to hold on to, which is why it needs to be strong (1"
SS tubing) and well fastened to the boat. This is especially true in heavy
weather, when you need the dodger the most.