[Alberg30] Fuel vent / overflow

Bill Blevins bblevins at fredericksburg.com
Tue Jul 2 08:56:09 PDT 2002

I'm sorry I don't have a photo of this, but...

My fuel tank is located inside the starboard locker. There is a return from
the engine into a brass "T" where the top goes back into the tank and the
other vents through a line towards the stern.

The line goes through a bulkhead, then loops down and back up to a brass
tube that goes up through the topside woodwork on the cockpit rail.

I had a leak in that main overflow line at one of the many fittings added
over the years and am having another one (all one piece) made.

The questions are...

Does it need that loop down and up in the back?

The metal part is grounded at the "T". Is that necessary? (It looks like the
tank is grounded too.)

Is there a better way to connect the line to the brass hook other than a
clamp?

Is there a better vent than the brass pipe bent into a hook?

Is this both an air and fuel overflow vent?

The tank is really tall and I would guess that the line needs to stay above
the tank level but that doesn't look possible.

Is this that big of a deal as long as it doesn't leak?

Any words of wisdom appreciated.

Thanks!

--
Tracy and Bill Blevins
SABRINA, Dahlgren, VA

 |  Boatowners Mechanical And Electrical Manual by Nigel Calder  |
 | http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/007009618X/alberg30-20 |