[Alberg30] Group buy of trailers?

Kevin Blanc t.k.blanc at att.net
Thu Jul 4 08:45:49 PDT 2002

I would think something even the size of a Chevy Suburban would be
marginal. Certainly a 10,000# plus trailer load would be excessive for
any of the current crop of SUVs. And the Alberg on a trailer would be
remarkably high-centered and unstable.

No manual transmissions for towing. It's just too much load on a clutch.
I don't think any of the large, tow-enabled vehicles have manuals.
Torque converters do a better job of getting the load going without self
destructing.

I have a 230 hp Trooper that I use to pull a utility trailer around. The
Trooper is rated to tow 5,000#.  I'm not comfortable with anything more
than 3,000#.

Frankly, I'd leave the towing to someone with a very heavy duty truck.

FINNUS505 at aol.com wrote:

>Hey A 30 My Friends,
>
>What is the minimum HP and weight 'vehicle' that can tow an A30 on a suitable
>trailer? SUV? Pickup Truck? Minvan? 67 Mustang with a 302 and a 5 speed?
>Would torsion bars on the Mustang help?  :)
>
>Lee
>Stargazer #255

 |  Boatowners Mechanical And Electrical Manual by Nigel Calder  |
 | http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/007009618X/alberg30-20 |