[Alberg30] exhaust, A4 questions.

Matthew Hay haymatthew_ at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 7 11:03:25 PDT 2002

Thank you for your reply's.  I do not have a bronze standpipe exhaust.  I
have a small cylindrical horizontally mounted muffler, attached to the
forward bulkhead inside the lazzerette, just below knee height if you were
standing in the cockpit.  It has asbestos rapped piping which comes strait
out of the manifold the length of the cockpit and into the port side of the
lazzerette were there is a very deep elbow, a little more strait pipe, the
(rusty) muffler, and then out the starbord side.  If the problem does turn
out to be the exhaust. Can I install the water-lift in the lazzerette were
the elbow is currently?  And taking asbestos precautions replace all of the
old pipe with Reinforced hose from the manifold flange?  Also, does the
alternator's "negative ground" wire, plug into the preexisting ground on the
A4, that has a female connector and runs along the top of the engine from
the flywheel to the top of the water pump.?  When I got the boat (two months
ago) it was not plugged into the alternator.  Finally, is it correct for the
main out of the alternator to run directly to the amp meter in the engine
control panel in the cockpit, then to the shore power converter, and then
the battery via porters?  So if my amp meter or converter is bad (or has
corroded connections) then I will not be charging my batteries?
Thank you very much
Matt "Winsome"

 |  Boatowners Mechanical And Electrical Manual by Nigel Calder  |
 | http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/007009618X/alberg30-20 |