[Alberg30] Questions

Capnreitz at aol.com Capnreitz at aol.com
Mon Jul 29 20:32:09 PDT 2002

I have ben reading the rookie mail and have some comments and questions.
1. Has I have a wheel I have my compass Binnacle mounted. It is handy when
sitting or standing behind the wheel and steering.
2. I have a small compartment, about 6" x 6" x 8" deep just aft of the
companionway. It is used to hold bungee cord and tie downs, as well as a hose
nozzle etc. Is this the compartment others are using for a compass?
3. Some messages referred to a small compartment at the aft end of the salon.
Are you reffering to a compartment over the engine compartment? I have all
the electrical switches mounted to a teak board there. Is mine a
modification? In front of this I have a removalble step which acts as the
third step out of the companionway. It make the first step going down a
little closer to those mounted on the engine compartment cover.
4. I read about icebox covers. Where is or was this icebox? Accessible from
the cockpit? I have a large compartment on both the port and stbd. sides,
used for life jackets, bosuns chair, cushions, line, etc. At the after end of
the cockpit I have a lazerette which is used for spare fuel on long cruises,
line, spare anchor etc. I have been thinking about using a part of this for a
propane tank. Thoughts! The only ice box I have is in the salon in the rear
corner of the port side. It has two covers, the covers and box are fitted
with about 2" of foam insulation. Which will keep a gallon of frozen water
cold for three days or more.
Has my boat been severly retrofitted or am I comparing older models with
newer ones?
I throughly enjoy reading the mail. There is much to learn from all the
conversations. My life lines are not attached to the shrouds, although they
do pass behind them.
Welcome to the newer rookies, I will always consider myself a rookie in
comparison to some of the old hands.
Ralph Reitz
#457 Dances With Waves
 | Sale on Yale & New England Ropes.  Save up to 25 percent. |