[Alberg30] Questions

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Mon Jul 29 20:54:00 PDT 2002

Capnreitz at aol.com wrote:

> 2. I have a small compartment, about 6" x 6" x 8" deep just aft of the
> companionway. It is used to hold bungee cord and tie downs, as well as a hose
> nozzle etc. Is this the compartment others are using for a compass?

That sounds like it.

> 4. I read about icebox covers. Where is or was this icebox? Accessible from
> the cockpit?

The older boats have upright iceboxes that open on the forward side,
over the settee.  These ices boxes have (or had, in many cases) a cover
on top in the port side of the bridge deck.  These covers were great for
reaching a beer from the cockpit and letting all the cold out.  Some
people have insulated them better and some people have eliminated them.
  A few have eliminated the whole icebox and gone to a portable cooler.

  - George

   George Dinwiddie                             gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   sailing.                                    http://www.Alberg30.org/

 | Sale on Yale & New England Ropes.  Save up to 25 percent. |