[Alberg30] Questions

Brian and Elaine Timmins timmins at optonline.net
Tue Jul 30 03:28:19 PDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: <Capnreitz at aol.com>
. At the after end of
> the cockpit I have a lazerette
> I have been thinking about using a part of this for a
> propane tank. Thoughts!

Apropane locker needs to be sealed off from the rest of the interior of the
boat and have an overboard drain at the bottom. Propane is heavier than air
and will sink down into your bilge and develop a nice little explosive cloud
that any spark will ignite.

> Has my boat been severly retrofitted or am I comparing older models with
> newer ones?

Yes, your comparing older and newer interiors.

Brian     ex 497

 | Sale on Yale & New England Ropes.  Save up to 25 percent. |