[Alberg30] "The Henry Randall Knot"

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Tue Jul 30 16:46:09 PDT 2002

Bill,

It's an easy knot.  With the fender hanging down, bend the line over the
lifeline and back down.  Go around one side of the standing part, and
then back up to the lifeline and down again.  Secure with a single
half-hitch on the standing part.  I usually just pull a bight through
for the half-hitch, so a sharp tug on the bitter end releases the knot.

  - George

   George Dinwiddie                             gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   sailing.                                    http://www.Alberg30.org/

 | Sale on Yale & New England Ropes.  Save up to 25 percent. |