[Alberg30] Fuel vent / overflow

Bill Blevins bblevins at fredericksburg.com
Tue Jul 2 11:13:23 PDT 2002

Thanks. Good idea. I actually think that I might have a loose connection /
leak at the top of my tank where that "T" is located. I'm taking the tank
out tomorrow night and probably will do all repairs at the same time.

This whole project started out as a dead battery. Go figure.

Bill

--

On 7/2/02 1:40 PM, "Mike Lehman" <sail_505 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Bill, I had a problem with the line aft starboard of the coaming. The line is
> simply a copper tube, I believe it's 1/4" and it needs to be looped so water
> can't infiltrate the line. My problem was that on a sever heel to starboard
> the fuel would spill out of the tank onto the after deck. I solved the problem
> by drilling a hole through the deck under the stanchion nearest to the
> starboard winch. I ran a rubber vent line through the hole and up to the top
> of the stanchion and sealed the deck/hose hole with caulking. Now the vent
> line is inside the stanchion nearly to the top, so in order to spill I would
> have to lay the boat on her side, at which point I decided I would have other
> things to worry about other that spilling a little fuel.
>
> Mike Lehman
>
> "Gilleleje" #505
> "One can never enter the same river twice. The river is always new; the man is
> forever changed."

 |  Boatowners Mechanical And Electrical Manual by Nigel Calder  |
 | http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/007009618X/alberg30-20 |