[Alberg30] asbestos

SandersM at aol.com SandersM at aol.com
Mon Jul 8 18:06:37 PDT 2002

In a message dated 7/8/02 8:03:39 PM, lfinkenberg at nyc.rr.com writes:

>I did not mean to imply to install asbestos - although I see now why it
>was read that way.  [...]
>
>Linc - I'm from NYC - Gypsy 138 (moored in Oyster Bay)

Linc!  We're neighbors!

When I owned WILD ELF (# 297) I kept her out on BE-20 in Oyster Bay.  I
donated her to a foundation last year and picked up a 1968 Chris Craft
Commander 42, and she's moored on CC-25.  (I also keep a small Lyman runabout
over on CD-46.)  What mooring is GYPSY on?

I made the reference to asbestos because I make my living representing people
who've been injured by exposure to asbestos products.  Its use is tightly
regulated in the US, and I would be surprised to see anyone installing
asbestos in an Alberg.  Canada, which has large asbestos mines, is much more
liberal in its use, and remains a major exporter of the fiber to the rest of
the world -- a matter of no small controversy.  (Of couse, we supply the
world with cigarettes, so we haven't much high ground to claim here.)

Anyway ... I digress ....

Sanders McNew,
215 West 92nd Street,
New York City.
 |  Boatowners Mechanical And Electrical Manual by Nigel Calder  |
 | http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/007009618X/alberg30-20 |