[Alberg30] asbestos

Lincoln Finkenberg lfinkenberg at nyc.rr.com
Mon Jul 8 17:02:18 PDT 2002

I did not mean to imply to install asbestos - although I see now why it was
read that way - there's none on the new exhaust system on Gypsy. I meant to
reference the remarkable heat insulating qualities of asbestos - I could
touch the exhaust pipe under the cockpit when it was covered with asbestos -
I certainly can't touch any part of the exhaust that's not water cooled now.
Linc - I'm from NYC - Gypsy 138 (moored in Oyster Bay)
"don't staple jelly to the ceiling."

 |  Boatowners Mechanical And Electrical Manual by Nigel Calder  |
 | http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/007009618X/alberg30-20 |