[Alberg30] tiller vs wheel

gahenry at zianet.com gahenry at zianet.com
Fri Jul 26 09:40:57 PDT 2002

Having had some experience with both, the perfect feel and simplicity of
the tiller does not compare to the sheer pleasure of sitting amidship with
wheel before you, looking forward, guiding her along, engaged in a manner
that a tiller does not allow.  I vote for the wheel without hydraulics etc.

Gregg
         Cruising the Chesapeake: A Gunkholer's Guide

  My favorite Chesapeake Bay guidebook. While it mentions marinas,
  it concentrates on anchorages--the kind of places I prefer to spend
  my time. And in addition to listing shore facilities, it rates each
  location for Beauty/Interest and Protection. This is the guide you
  need to really cruise the Chesapeake Bay--a smorgasbord of small
  creeks and coves.

   http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0071363718/alberg30-20