[Alberg30] Re: teak & other trim

gordon white gewhite at crosslink.net
Mon Jun 24 21:27:48 PDT 2002

My 2 cents worth - I have hull # 275, others may differ. I take off
everything exterior but the toe, grab and stern rails and do them inside
during the winter about every three years. Usually I do some each year.
The cockpit coamings come off easily with only the winch bases a bit
hard to get at. I varnish everything but the toe rails and grab rails. I
also have sunbrella covers for all the varnish brightwork. It extends
the life of the varnish quite a bit.
    I used teak oil on the toe rails for years but finally got fed up
with the work. Used cetol for the first time three years ago and love
it. Just re-coat with cetol light once a year.

    I have seldom disassembled the interior except to clean up the
hinges, etc. I use furniture polish on the inside woodwork. Had to
re-glue one of the doors this year.

    - Gordon White, Brigadoon II (Chesapeake Bay).

 |  Boatowners Mechanical And Electrical Manual by Nigel Calder  |
 | http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/007009618X/alberg30-20 |