[Alberg30] icebox rebuilding...

Wally Moran helm at georgianbaysailing.ca
Tue Jun 25 10:03:34 PDT 2002

I'm currently struggling with rebuilding an icebox - otherwise known
as fitting a very large square peg into a much smaller square peg
hole with oddly configured sides, none of which match the shape of
the new icebox so as to have an adequate quantity of cold
motivational product for crewmembers.
Well, the box is in position and I'm now at the point where I will
have to install a new countertop with a lid. Any ideas on how to
construct this item and how to insulate the lid so that it remains
flush with the counter?
Should I a) simply cut out the lid, hinge it, attach pink high
density foam to it and leave it at that? Or, b) not use a hinge, put
insulation to the edges of the lid and lift it straight out without
hinges for better insulating?
If I go with a), how do I manage the edges of the lid so as to open
the lid yet still have insulation right to the edges?
Bear in mind, I'm no carpenter...any and all ideas welcome.

Wally
s/v Publisher's Choice

 |  Boatowners Mechanical And Electrical Manual by Nigel Calder  |
 | http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/007009618X/alberg30-20 |