[Alberg30] mast painting

sousa, stephen sousa_stephen at emc.com
Thu Jun 6 05:22:53 PDT 2002

Peter,

I am in the process of preparing #114 for an Awlgrip paint job. From the
research that was done over the last 30 days my findings are as follows.
Imron (Dupont) and Awlgrip seem to be the best two part paints on the
market. If I were redoing the mast, prime with a chromate primer and use
Awlgrip with brushable catalyzing agent and reducer. I would not compromise
the finish with a single part paint. You can visit www.uspaint.com
<http://www.uspaint.com>  which provide a great deal of information, I found
the folks at West Marine at not paint experts.

Regards,
Stephen